Hi! I’m Dr. K.
I’m an entrepreneur, professor, and relentless optimist focused on helping you become exactly who you want to be.
A Little Bit About Me…
I was the kid who didn’t break apart my Rubik’s cube so that I could get all the colors lined up – I was the kid who solved it. And, I’ve not stopped taking on impossible, beat-your-head-against-the-wall challenges since. I want to help you with yours. And, if I can, I will.
Like you, I have a hunger to change the world’s workforce. I’m a strategist & problem solver that goes below the surface, diagnoses challenges and prescribes no-nonsense, actionable solutions for areas that matter most in all organizations – the people.
My 12 Guiding Principles:
1. From cradle to cubicle we spend way too much of our life focusing on our weaknesses and not our strengths. You should have the opportunity to do what you do best every single day.
2. People don’t buy what you do. They buy why you do it.
3. People don’t leave organizations. They leave bosses.
4. Followers have a very clear picture of what they want and need from the most influential leaders in their lives: trust, compassion, stability, and hope.
5. Great marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.
6. The best marketing in the world won’t matter if your culture is terrible. Culture trumps strategy every time.
7. You don’t lead by pointing and telling where to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.
8. What you do has far greater impact than what you say.
9. Change is inevitable. Your success relies on being able to change faster and better than your competitors.
10. When in doubt, act boldly, as if it were impossible to fail. In essence, it is.
11. If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.
12. The simple truth is that if we stop trying to “fix” our employees and rather focus on their strengths and their passions, we can create a fervent army of brand evangelists who, when empowered, could take our brand and our products to a whole new level.
When I’m not working with clients or teaching college courses, I love to travel the world with my husband, frolic with animals, take naps, and laugh uncontrollably.